Fleetwood Town Tell Uwe Rosler To Cod Offby Jack Kitson / 17 February 2018, 20:46Tweet
Uwe Rosler has become the latest Football League manager to suffer the sack after League One side Fleetwood Town relieved the German of his duties.
A sorry seven game losing streak ultimately proved costly for Rosler, whose final game in charge was a 3-0 defeat away to Doncaster earlier on Saturday, which left the Cod Army hovering precariously above the third-tier drop zone.
The struggles of the current campaign are in stark contrast to Rosler’s debut season in charge of Fleetwood, in which the former Wigan and Leeds boss led the club to an impressive 4th place finish, however they lost out in the League One play-offs to Bradford City.
Development coach Barry Nicholson and goalkeeping coach David Lucas have been placed in caretaker charge for the club’s clash with Portsmouth on Tuesday, while the likes of Alan Stubbs, Phil Brown, David Unsworth and Robbie Neilson feature in the Next Fleetwood Town Manager Market.
In a statement Fleetwood Town said:
"Fleetwood Town can confirm Uwe Rosler has been relieved of his duties as Head Coach.
"The decision was made this evening following a run of results which has seen Town fall to seven straight defeats.
"Everyone at Fleetwood Town would like to place on record their thanks to Uwe for his hard work and professionalism during his time at the club.
"The search for his replacement will begin immediately, with Barry Nicholson and David Lucas taking charge of Tuesday’s game against Portsmouth."
BREAKING: Fleetwood Town have sacked Uwe Rosler following a run of 7 straight defeats.— The Sack Race (@thesackrace) February 17, 2018
In a statement the club said:
"The search for his replacement will begin immediately, with Barry Nicholson and David Lucas taking charge of Tuesday’s game against Portsmouth."#FTFC pic.twitter.com/gy9o6TInja