Martin Jol leaves Egyptian side Al Ahly due to safety concernsby Jack Kitson / 19 August 2016, 11:57Tweet
Martin Jol has resigned from his post in charge of Egyptian side Al Ahly after receiving death threats.
The former Tottenham and Fulham manager had been in charge of Ah Ahly since February but has not unfortunately been forced to step down - leaving the club after six months, with 18 months remaining on his contract.
Last Friday the club failed to progress through to the semi-finals of the African Champions League - after a 2-2 draw with Zambian outfit Zesco United - which sparked an arguement between Jol and some supporters.
Jol, 60, has since been targeted on social media, while the team's safety came under threat during a training session on Tuesday.
Last season Jol led his troops to the Eqyptian Premier League.
In a club statement Al Ahly said:
Jol has told us he will not be able to complete his contract (which another season and a half to run) for personal reasons. "We have accepted that and ended the contract with him.